The Sisters of St. Joseph steward 212 acres of woodlands, meadows, gardens and organic farms on occupied indigenous Secatogue land. The Sisters of St. Joseph community believes that all is one and that we are called to seek union with the sacred community of life that includes all of creation - air, soil, water, plants and animals.
The campus includes:
- 75 acres of woodland, including pine barrens and successional woodland plant communities
- 16 native gardens
- 5 acre solar array with native grassland planted below it
- 7 acres of native meadows converted from lawn
- 28 acres of organic agriculture
- The only industrial sized Constructed Treatment Wetland on Long Island
Visit us any day dawn to dusk!
1725 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
If you are interested in volunteering in the Islip Township Pollinator Pathways, please contact us at Islip.Pollinators@gmail.com. Thank You.